Many people have heard of the American Dental Association, also known as the ADA, however many people do not realize the long-term effect this association has had in our history. Over the years, the ADA has grown into the largest and oldest dental organization today. The ADA strives on keeping current with dental health and facts, to provide people with the best state-of-the-art care that can be provided.
However, our team has discovered five facts about the ADA to help give our readers a better understanding of the association and learn more about dental history. The five facts include:
1. In 1859, the ADA was founded and established.
2. In 1908, the ADA publishes their first patient dental education pamphlet.
3. In 1952, the ADA establishes an accredited program for dental hygienists.
4. In 1995, the ADA becomes established online, now available on the web.
5. In 2009, Kathleen O’Loughlin becomes the first female executive director of the ADA and celebrates the 150th Anniversary of its founding.
The ADA offers help and assistance for anyone wishing to learn more about oral care. That is why your dentist, Michael O'Neill is proud to be part of the American Dental Association. If you have any questions or concerns about the ADA or your oral care, please contact our office at 419.605.9818. We are happy to provide you with the best oral care possible.